Buckled wheels are a common problem for car owners, and they can be caused by a variety of factors. Some of the most common causes of buckled wheels include:
- Hitting potholes or curbs: This is the most common cause of buckled wheels. When you hit a pothole or curb, the impact can bend the wheel out of shape.
- Driving over rough terrain: Driving over rough terrain, such as gravel roads or uneven pavement, can also cause your wheels to buckle.
- Underinflated tires: Underinflated tires can make your wheels more susceptible to buckling.
- Overloading your vehicle: Overloading your vehicle can put too much stress on your wheels, which can cause them to buckle.
- Manufacturing defects: Although rare, manufacturing defects can also cause wheels to buckle.
- The use of Run Flat Tyres with Low Profile: Run-flat tires are designed to allow you to continue driving for a short distance even after a puncture. This is because they have a reinforced sidewall that supports the weight of the car. However, run-flat tires are also more susceptible to wheel buckles and cracks than conventional tires.
There are a few reasons for this: Run-flat tires are stiffer than conventional tires. This is because they need to be able to support the weight of the car even after a puncture. However, this also means that they are less forgiving of impacts from potholes and curbs.
Run-flat tires have a lower profile than conventional tires. This means that there is less space between the tire and the wheel. This makes the wheel more vulnerable to damage from impacts.
If you live in North West London, UK, you are probably aware of the poor condition of some of the roads in the area. This can make your wheels even more susceptible to damage from potholes and curbs.
If you are considering using run-flat tires, it is important to be aware of the increased risk of wheel buckles and cracks. You should also have your wheels inspected regularly by a qualified alloy wheel repair specialist. JR Alloy Wheel Repair is a leading provider of alloy wheel repair services for all car manufacturers in North West London. We have a team of experienced and qualified technicians who can repair all types of wheel damage, including wheel buckles and cracks. If you have run-flat tires, it is important to have your wheels inspected regularly by JR Alloy Wheel Repair. We can help to identify any potential problems early on and prevent them from causing further damage.
If you notice that your wheels are buckled, it is important to have them repaired or replaced as soon as possible. Buckled wheels can affect your car’s handling and performance, and they can also lead to other problems, such as tire wear and tear.
JR Alloy Wheel Repair is the leading provider of alloy wheel refurbishment services in North West London. We have a team of experienced and qualified technicians who can repair all types of buckled wheels. We use the latest technology and equipment to ensure that your wheels are restored to their original condition.